Sports Vision Training Can Produce Amazing Results in Young Athletes
Most young sports athletes are competitive in nature. In this sense, they want to earn a spot on the best team and play in the most games possible. In order to accomplish these goals, they must have highly developed skills in certain areas and outperform those they are competing against for the limited spots on the team. One effective way for your athlete to prepare is to participate in a sports vision training program. These unique vision therapy programs are specifically tailored to the individual athlete to help develop and strengthen their visual skills and help them gain a competitive edge over their competition.
During a sports vision therapy program, athletes work on enhancing the following skills and abilities:
- Hand-eye coordination – using the eyes to control the movement of the hands
- Visual reaction time – the amount of time it takes to perceive a visual event and react to the stimulus
- Eye tracking – the ability to maintain focus on a specific moving object (keep your eye on the ball!)
- Visual acuity – the ability to see an object clearly while it is in motion
- Eye focusing – the ability to keep an object in focus, as well as change focus from one object to another quickly and accurately
- Peripheral vision – the outer edges of your field of vision, or being able to see out of the corner of your eye
- Depth perception – seeing things in three dimensions, and the ability to accurately judge the distance and speed of something
Thoroughly developing these skills can help an athlete achieve success in sports by increasing their agility and response time, movements on the field or court, ability to catch, throw, pass or hit a ball, as well as the ability to continually change focus throughout a game.
Sports Vision Therapy at Family Vision Development Center
Different sports rely differently on each of these skills. Therefore, our vision therapy programs are custom tailored based on the specific sport that your athlete plays. Our goal is to improve the eye function of athletes and reduce their risk of injury, by enhancing their visual perceptual skills and visual motor skills. Following a thorough evaluation, the therapeutic eye exercises are completed right in our office by our highly-skilled vision therapy specialists, with incredible results. Contact us today at 630-862-2020 to learn more.
Additional information can be referenced here