The Family Vision Development Center is expanding, and we are seeking an experienced Optician to join our growing private Optometry/Vision Therapy office located in Aurora. We have a dynamic and energetic office with two Optometrists on staff. The successful Optician candidate should be prepared to work from 25 to 40 hours, which include morning and early evening hours with rotating Saturdays.
The candidate should be familiar with sales of glasses, contact lenses, contact lens training as well as a knowledge of pre-testing and pre-testing equipment. Additionally, experience with optical and medical billing is preferred but training will be provided. If you enjoy serving patients of all ages and have a strong work ethic and a desire to work in an optometric office with a unique perspective, we would like to talk with you!
Optician Job Responsibilities
- Review Optometrist’s prescriptions and orders based on medical charts.
- Operate pre-testing equipment or provide technician services as needed. Training will be provided.
- Educate patients on their lens options and help them make educated choices about what is appropriate for their medical needs and lifestyle preferences.
- Provide honest but compassionate feedback about eyewear choices.
- Achieve and maintain the high office standards while attending to the patients’ needs.
- Manage inventory of frames and contacts to ensure optimum customer satisfaction and product variety.
- Communicate with the Optometrists with questions or concerns about prescriptions and any other eye-related issues.
Optician Qualifications and Skills
- College degree preferred but high school or equivalent will be considered.
- 2+ years experience in the optical field required, specifically with dispensing glasses and contact lenses.
- Experience with all aspects of an optometric office including glasses and contact lenses.
- Ability to operate optical equipment.
- Excellent customer service, sales skills and attention to detail a must.
Pay: $15.00 – $20.00
About Family Vision Development Center
We are a full-service vision center offering comprehensive vision exams for eyeglasses, contact lenses and management of ocular disease including glaucoma, diabetes, macular degeneration and cataracts.
Our specialty is neuro-optometric rehabilitation and vision therapy services. What we do at The Family Vision Development Center is outside the scope of most optometric offices. We are a unique facility whose specialty is the diagnosis and treatment of binocular (two-eyed) vision dysfunctions, learning-related vision issues and vision therapy.
Our patients trust us with their vision, and we do not take that responsibility lightly. In that respect, we continually strive to provide our patients with the most comprehensive neuro-optometric vision evaluations along with individualized treatment programs using the most current and effective equipment and methods. Additionally, our philosophy of whole body wellness extends beyond the eyes. This refreshing view of vision care allows us to ‘see’ the whole person and make recommendations that extend beyond just clear vision and healthy eyes.
If you are interested in joining our team, see below to submit your resume.
Qualified Optician candidates should submit a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org